Monday, July 21, 2014

From Bangkok to Kanchanaburi in March

 Not sure if I've mentioned here before, Bangkok is my hometown (I think it is), so I come here quite often :P

Last March, it was my friend's wedding, so I went to Bangkok again.

This time, didn't book a hotel, my sister booked a condo in Sukhumvit via AirBnB.com, it was so nice!






The living room. So nicely decorated and cosy!








Like a home, well it really is.







Open kitchen.














After settled down, quickly grabbed lunch at Yum Saap at Terminal 21.








We waited Mr. Cat off duty and he drove us all to Kanchanaburi.
Arrived and checked in at 1am.







With seating area in front of the room~







This is the guesthouse, Pongphen Guest House.







A guesthouse with swimming pool! How cool is that?







Grilled chicken, awesomeness!







Songtam~ *papaya salad*







Glass noodles salad!






Phad Thai! Wooohoo~






This is Mr. Cat.







Then we went to Erawan National Park, for the waterfall.







The waterfall has a few levels, I think this is the first one.







Vicky~ my sis in Bangkok :)







Looks nice right?







Us at the waterfall~






At the 3rd/4th level.
Once picture taken, it rained like cats and dogs. 







Visiting Kanchanaburi is to see the death railway.
This train station is still in use today.







Walked along the railway~







River Kwai~







Pleasant walk, peaceful view.







This pooch, didn't even open its eyes when my shutter beeped.







If I had time, I would spend more days here.







Historical place.















We all changed clothes due to the heavy rain.
I was in my pyjamas... ooopsssss







They found a squirrel.







Cute puppy~ :)







Night time.







This is the bridge over the River Kwai.







Sad story behind this bridge and the railway....
Many of them died due to disease, maltreatment and accidents building the railway..







Back to Chinatown and had the famous "kuey chap"~
Really awesome had to eat 2 bowls!!







That's all for today. Stay tuned!


-- Jenn a.k.a. blueyfetes--

No comments: