Sunday, April 25, 2010

Head tilting to the right....

23/4/10, 6.30pm.

I was getting ready to feed Lulu and Brownnie, as usual. Brownnie was fast sticking around me as always, but Lulu still sitting there, not responding. I called her a few times, she doesn't wanna move. Usually, she would response, although finding her way difficult as she's blind, but she'd move. But not that day.

After settling the food for both of them, I went to pat and sayang Lulu. She just continued to lie there. Then I sat there and observed her. I found something is wrong with her. She kept tilting her head to the right, I looked closer, both her eyes too kept moving to the right, in rhythm.

Then she stood up, she couldn't walk straight and kept slipping and was like going to fell. She fell and slipped a few times later. Then, she kept going round and round, making a circular movement. Then she started to like about to vomit, could see her body moving forward and backward. Then she vomited.

That night, she ate only bit of rice. Her favourite food is rice.

24/4/10, Saturday.

Mom woke up and saw Lulu continued to vomit another puddle of yellowish liquid (those were acid btw), so we brought her to the vet.

She fell and slipped a few times and a bit dirty, so I put on my shirt for her... she seemed comfortable in my pajamas.

Since she couldn't balance herself, she's lying most of the time.

I put her behind the seats with Mama accompanying her.
Can see her head still tilting to the right...

The vet asked us a lot of questions like did she go out, mixed with other dogs, being knocked, ate anything poisonous like tick medicine, since when this happened bla bla bla~~~~

Then, the vet said, he worried it might be Lulu's liver is not functional well, so the toxin in her body couldn't be release and flowed to her brain and the toxin is causing her brain not functioning right. Then he asked us to wait outside the room because he needed to withdraw some blood for blood test.

It was something painful to Lulu... because she had never taken any jab before... well, except yearssss ago when she was being spayed. I peeped through the window glass and saw her struggling to be jabbed...

**btw, Lulu weights at 15.5kg!

After the struggle, I placed her on the bench...

She has to take these 3 medicines: vitamin, antibiotic and one for her stomach.

We crushed the tablets and mixed them with can food and dog biscuits.

Still tilting to the right...

Shaved leg...

Shaved neck... I don't understand why they have to draw blood/ serum from here...
Must be hurt... sob..
Can see the pigmentation clearly... she's old... very old. 98 in human age.

Resting after eating...

Brownnie looked emo.
But I think he knows nothing, as he's still the big silly happy dog as usual.

Sleep through the afternoon~
Rest well.

Dinner time, I made the mixer of food and medicine again.
Lulu has to take medicine twice each day.
Brownnie giving me the "why can't I have it" look again....

We had never given Lulu to have can food before.
The aroma must had amazingly increased her appetite as she swallowed everything in seconds.

Brownnie all emo sitting by the "garden" cos didn't get to taste one bit of Lulu's food!

I helped Lulu to get back to her place (she likes to sleep by the door) and Brownnie came accompanying her. :)

25/4/10, Sunday morning.

I slept only at 3am, then the vet called me early in the morning and informed me that Lulu's blood test report has come out. No virus infection is found and her liver and everything is fine. He asked me to go collect the report later.

So mama and I went there before lunch. The vet told us, the report is fine. The hemoglobin, white blood cells, acids in liver, protein, calcium and bla bla bla are all fine!

So he said, there are only 3 reasons that causing Lulu being like this in veterinary:

1. She has brain/ ear cancer.

2. Meniere's Disease.

3. Cause couldn't be justified.

He gave us steroid to give Lulu and see if it would help her. He said it might also be something is swollen/ infected in her ear or nerves. So the steroid would help the infected area to cure.

Not sure is it whether there are too many tablets and Lulu could smell the medicine. She refused to finish her food now... I had to put the food on my hand and feed her then only she nibbled some. I've fed her for 3 times at dinner, still one quarter left.

Hope she'll be alright. If it's her time to leave, I just hope she could just leave peacefully without sufferings. She's already blind, better don't get anything worse to worsen her situation....

I better go feed her now.... Eat up Lulu~

--Jenn a.k.a. blueyfetes--


Anonymous said...

Sweet sweet Lulu, get well preciosita - x -


blueyfetes said...

Thanks. I will take care of her and be with her all the time.