Sunday, May 30, 2010

Tom Yam Meehoon

Hi. Welcome to Jenn's kitchen. LOL!!

This entry is dedicated to 2 persons that were asking about what I was going to cook for dinner the other night. Nah~~~~ here's the recipe~~~~~~~ Henri and Mr. Kooi listen up!




The ingredients you need:

Chinese Cabbage. I put one baby Chinese Cabbage (can feed 2 pax usually) this time. I love vege~






Slice the chicken into pieces of cubes or whatever shape that you like.
But most importantly, follow the lines/ patterns of the meat.






Add a few drops of soy sauce and white/ black pepper.
Mix and massage thoroughly.






Meehoon (rice noodles) of course!
uh.... portion.... for your liking.
I put too much last time, my stomach was near to explosion.






The core of this dish, the Tomyam paste!!






Steps to cook:

1. When the water is boiling, add in 2 spoon fulls of Tomyam paste.
If you're worried that it might be too spicy, put one spoon full 1st, then slowly add more until you're fine with it.






2. Add in the Chinese Cabbage first.
Add the leaves later.






3. Add in the marinated chicken slices.






4. Add the meehoon and cook a few minutes.
If you like softer meehoon like me, cook longer.






5. If you want to have egg, add it after you put the meehoon.




Done!! Such a big bowl!! Can you see???!!!






After 10 mins....






After an hour.......
I nearly couldn't go to sleep on time that night as my stomach was over filled!!






Ok, it's very simple to cook right?? If you're wondering, how come I didn't add like salt or anything into the soup, it's because the vege and chicken and tomyam paste have given all the sweet and salty tastes! :D Enjoy~~~~~~ Have fun cooking!



-Jenn a.k.a. blueyfetes-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent ! The secret of how to make REAL GOOD Tom Yam soup has been revealed !!! :D No need to go to Sonkhla( http://www.songkhla.nl/ ) anymore for my beloved soup...I'll only return there for my ' Pad Ped ' dish...unless Jennifer shows us how to prepare Pad Ped aswell ;)
Great piece Jennifer !

King Kau and Laa Kohn !


Henri J. Poggi

blueyfetes said...

LOL!! U DIY ya? Change the ingredients to seafood maybe. :D As long as the Mee Hoon and Tom Yam are there, it's fine. Enjoy~~~