Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Induction- Britannia Adelphi Hotel

After a couple of days, we settled down and went for the university induction. It was on the 2nd of June.

So, we walked to Britannia Adelphi Hotel which the induction was held. It was quite near to where we were staying.






There. The hotel.
If not mistaken, I remember this is the only hotel I've seen so far in Liverpool.








Inside the hall.
I like the ceiling with the hanging lamps as decoration.








Hahaha... only my face in visible in this pic.








We were served with "rice" and "curry". Let me tell you why I put on the symbols. The "rice", was more like half cooked rice added with lots of water @@ while the "curry", I've no idea how to describe. Hmmm.... more like ketchup with lots of ketchup?? LOL

After the meal, we're brought to tour around Liverpool on the coach.






Very creative advertisement.








Then I spotted this funny man on the Lewis's building.








Closer look.
Tell me, what kind of posing is that?? LOL








The KOP.
Wait for my coming up post in a few weeks time.
We visited the stadium. :)








Arrived somewhere in a hill with very nice meadow.
See how Jane posed.








The JR group.
Our companion during the time in UK.








The MS group~








Another one~








And all of us together~
We cooked and makan together on every weekends.








Ho ho ho~








Then I found this cute little thing~
Too bad I've forgotten its name....
Well, I'll name you Red Collie then~








The friendly owner was trying to coax it to look straight at me,
so that I could have a nice picture.
I love Liverpool~ *especially the elderly*








The Albert Dock~








It was quite a fun day. Next post, my first day at The Dean Walters Building. The place where we had our tutorials.

Ciao Ciao~~


--Jenn a.k.a. blueyfetes--

4 comments:

阿棗 陳 Zoe said...

The red red name Ruby if not mistaken :D

same name as ruby jie jie

blueyfetes said...

LOL. Is it?? So many Ruby?? Ash's dog also Ruby le....

Anonymous said...

Perhaps he covers his eyes, when he's able to see the bright sun again, instead of clouds of bombs from the enemy.
Enjoyed the report Jennifer :)

Take care !

Henri


Found on the internet:

The statue above the main entrance to the Liverpool Lewis's flagship store is a well-known local meeting place and was immortalised in the 1962 anthemic song "In My Liverpool Home" by Peter McGovern:

"In my Liverpool Home,
We speak with an accent exceedingly rare,
Meet under a statue exceedingly bare,
And if you want a Cathedral, we've got one to spare
In my Liverpool Home"

This bronze (which is known locally as "Dickie Lewis" for obvious reasons) was created by American sculptor Sir Jacob Epstein (1880 - 1959) and stands above the Lewis’s Department Store on Ranlegh Street in Liverpool city centre. It's official title is "Liverpool Resurgent".

From New York, Sir Jacob was renowned for his modern sculpture and controversial works of art. Dickie was first revealed in 1956 by Lord Woolton, and the bronze represents the rebirth of Liverpool after the Second World War. Many a courting couple have arranged "To meet at Dickie Lewis" - hence this line of the song.

resurgent:
adj

rising again, as to new life, vigour, etc.

Experiencing or tending to bring about renewal or revival.

blueyfetes said...

LOL. SO funny. Dickie Lewis!!!!!

And u did a research of it?? Impressive!!