Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Our "chor bat"

On the 8th day of CNY, mom said, it's been a long time since we visited dad....... So, visit dad it was. Nowadays it is mostly mom and I together. Kai Jun is not always at home and Yen is in Singapore.

That day was gloomy and stuffy. When we arrived at the cemetery, it was raining quite heavily. So rare, during this CNY, the weather was like never been hotter ever! But it rained.







This picture fits perfectly for this Chinese saying: 清明时节雨纷纷,路上行人与断魂。
Although it is not Ching Ming yet.








Mom always buys nice Chrysanthemum for dad.
Sometimes pink, sometimes white.
But this time, purple.







It was still raining when I took this picture.
How I did not get wet? Mom held the umbrella. :)
She encouraged me to snap more pictures here...








I like this cemetery...








Pathway to peace?








Indeed, I really feel not a bit less of peaceful here.








This is a morgue for people long time ago...








After visiting dad, we went to have steamboat at Johnny's in Jusco.









Boiling the egg~~~








These are not stars... they are kong ming deng (wishing lanterns).
I think I should light one up next year...
For this year, I pray for happiness and peace.








I was watching free show of fireworks and these 2 fellas that are afraid of it to death, accompanied me. ^_^








Pressed the shutter too fast.
But turned out, I snapped a few "loves"~








This is one bigger and clearer picture of kong ming deng (wishing lantern).








I think this is the best picture I took that night.








Seriously, it's very difficult for me in snapping the pics of fireworks...




Practice makes perfect, I'll wait for more fireworks to snap.



-- Jenn a.k.a. blueyfetes--

No comments: