Thursday, January 15, 2009

CNY is creeping closer!!

Here comes the once in a year big big festival again~ Happy Chinese New YEAR!!!!

Since our house is renovated, we still didn't really decorate the house during any festive seasons. So this year, I want to do something simple and nice. This is what I did:


I've found some used 'ang paus' (from previous year)



And I cut it into this shape. Can see what it is ar??



I cut and cut and cut. Until the table was all messed up....



Are they nice??? It was addictive in making these.. haha



And then pasted them on the wall....



Very colourful and chinese looking right?? (least I thought so...)



So, I took some pics, then the next day i incidentally showed it to my colleagues and talked about these 'fishes' I've made. Then they said to me, if I want to decorate my house, I should put only 9 fish, just like the famous painting of carp.

Also, the carp should be 'swimming' towards my house, not opposite. By doing so, then only it will be prosperity and bring good luck. Although I'm not a superstitious person, but I changed it after I went home just for precaution.


So now my wall looks like this:


Still attractive?? :))

Will get more decorations. :D

*************************************************************************************

I read in the newspaper today of what greetings should be wished during this CNY. I found it very interesting and hilarious. The best is to wish only greetings like "Gong Xi Fa Cai", "Wan Shi Ru Yi" and "Shi Shi Shun Li".

What shouldn't be made are.... HAHAHA very funny....

1. 财源广进
2. 招财进宝

Very curious to know why right??? Because 财源广进 will sound like 裁员广进 (more and more people will get fired. LOL) and 招财进宝 will sound like 遭裁禁饱 (you got fired and your stomach could not be filled).


Haha... good ones??? Hope you all like it. :D

Time to cut more 'fish' ciao~




--Jenn a.k.a. blueyfetes--

5 comments:

Lea Spykerman said...

Babe, those fishes are pweeettyyy!

blueyfetes said...

Heee :D You want some???

Lea Spykerman said...

It's okaylah...CNY not in my house this year so nobody will see. Haha!

blueyfetes said...

haha... my house too, but it's for myself to see and feel the CNY'y atmosphere. :D

Jeffery Goh said...

haha~ it's funny, but sound so similar.