Sunday, October 5, 2014

3 weeks solo trip in Thailand - Chiangmai

 Here comes the updates about my solo trip to Thailand for 3 weeks after I quit my job!

Right after I came back from China, I flew to Chiangmai the second day and my journey began.


Many would be shocked and surprised when I said I went to Thailand alone for 3 weeks. Well, I admit that it might be a little bit intimidating in the beginning, however, with good preparation and research done beforehand, you have nothing to worry!






I took a 2.50pm flight and arrived at Chiangmai Airport 4.25pm.

Please note that at Chiangmai Airport, all taxi to the city centre at a fixed rate THB 150/car.






De Rachamanka Hotel in Old City.






It's a family runs hotel, so it's quite homey. 






Garden in the middle of the building.






The lobby/reception area. 






Cute room key.






Just a few minutes walk to Huen Phen Restaurant, quite famous.






Rice served in a cute bamboo container~






Fried meat.






Northern Thai food.
Crispy noodles with soup like our curry laksa.






Never to miss out their salad.






Cute decor they have.






Money tree.






After the meal, walked to Wat Chedi Luang. One of the temple I like the most.






Quiet place to visit.






There is also a reclining Buddha here.






It is advisable to wear decently in Chiangmai where you have lots of temples to visit.
Please respect the rules, do not wear sleeveless and do wear something longer covering your knees.






Started building in the 14th century and reconstructed in 1990s.






Wise words found around the temple.


















To the 3 kings monuments!






King Mangrai of Lanna (center), King Ngam Muang of Phayao (left) and King Ramkhamhaeng of Sukhothai (right).






Off to the Sunday Night Market!






That's all for today, will try to post the next update soon!

Ciao~



-- Jenn a.k.a. blueyfetes --

No comments: